Portsmouth children need foster carers
Portsmouth City Council needs more foster carers to provide homes for Portsmouth children from babies through to teenagers. Foster carers do an amazing job in helping children and young people reach their full potential and you could do it too. We have a particular need for more foster carers for teenagers, and respite carers for children with complex needs.
The fostering scheme at the council benefits from significant support, with:
- a fantastic, sector leading support package
- wrap around care providing a highly skilled, professional team 365 days a year
- freely available support on a 24/7 basis
- full training prior to your first fostering placement, and a full, ongoing training calendar all year round, covering a wide range of fundamental and emerging subjects.
We also have an upcoming recruitment event at the Civic Offices reception area, where you can chat to the team and foster carers to find out all about any type of fostering, with the event focusing predominantly on recruiting respite foster carers, and foster carers for unaccompanied asylum seeking children in the city, on:
• Tuesday, 13th November, 7pm - 8.30pm, in the Civic Offices reception area (Guildhall Square, Guildhall Walk, PO1 2AL, no need to book, simply drop by).
The rewards that come with fostering are great - the personal satisfaction that you have made a difference to a child's life. We have a number of fostering options available to suit those who want to continue to work outside the home full-time, part-time, or would like to consider fostering as a full-time career.
Respite care is often suitable to people who would like to foster on some evenings, some weekends, or during some school holidays for example (often especially attractive to teachers/school staff). The Lodgings Plus scheme is also especially popular, suiting people who may want to continue in wider employment, and simply offer a spare room and support to a young person (aged 16-24).
You may be who we are looking for if some of the following applies to you:
- Do you have a spare room?
- Are you over 18?
- Do you have child care experience?
- Do you have experience of working with young people?
- Do you have the time and energy to invest in a child or young person?
- Do you live in Portsmouth or the surrounding area?
- Do you have professional, voluntary or personal experience of caring for people with disabilities?
Talk to us today. Call 023 9283 4071, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our online enquiry form.